Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Ideas


A quick update on things.

In the next few days I will be adding 'Tall Tales' from around the World - They will be available here - (Tall Tales page in above menu). The idea is to collect tales from other travelers. As part of it, I will also import my travel stories from my personal blog. They're quite lengthy so I don't think posting them on the main page as individual posts would be a good idea. Instead I will just post an update whenever a new entry will be added to the 'Tall Tales' page.

I have also recently started with topics about Geography. I will be writing about interesting facts about Earth as well as cultural & physical aspects of places I have visited - mainly those. From time to time I will write about places I am yet to visit. I plan to add reviews and brief descriptions of regions / countries / cities too (>something similar to this paragraph about Laos in one of my previous posts). I figured it would go along well with Travel topic. Travel and Geography posts should interchange with every new post - at least that is what I plan to do.

As for the blog appearance. I am gathering ideas for my blog banner - the one I have now is too dark. I need something brighter and colorful to be in contrast to the background. If you have an idea, let me know.

I'm also experimenting with 'like' boxes and promotion of this blog on other "busy sites". It is slowly gaining momentum (I hope so!), but sometimes things do go backwards. For now, you can connect to this blog on Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon and YouSayToo.

19 insights:

Pockets said...

StumbleUpon was one of the best things I did for my blog.

Moobeat said...

Oh, never thought about these

Mr. Cactus said...

Tall tales sounds like a great idea.

Unknown said...

Yeah Sounds good bro!!

Anonymous said...

If I haven't said it before, I really appreciate how much work you put into this blog. It's awesome, and beautiful.

Zed said...

I like your banner at the moment man

Anonymous said...

Great post, I really like the Tall Tales idea :)

Dave said...

I really enjoyed you post man. Cheers.

-E- said...

i'll have to check out stumbleupon. what busy blogs are you haunting?

Empty said...

@ -BB & others

Thanks. :)

@ -E-

well, none really, yet.
By busy sites I meant social networking sites, such as fb, twitter, stumbleupon, digg, technorati, ...

I get most of the traffic from stumbleupon and yousaytoo.

Kicking Rocks said...

those are the best busy sites!

Dola said...

good post keep it up =D

Anonymous said...

Different cultures/regions fascinate me; will be interested to read what you have to write.

HiFi said...

Awesome. Looking forward to reading your stories.

Catherine said...

Looking forward to your stories. I think it's awesome to collect tall tales from around the world.

Unknown said...

Sounds great! look forward to it :)

Mile2Marathon said...

I think your blog looks great as it is tbh!
Also look forward to your future posts

Daniel said...

sound good man!

Trolske said...

I think you banner now fits good in the overall appearance. No need to change it.

Post a Comment